Bitcoin ABC 0.21.6 Release Notes
Bitcoin ABC version 0.21.6 is now available from:
This release includes the following features and fixes:
- The autotools build system (
configure, …) is deprecated and
will be removed in a future release. Cmake is the replacement build system,
look at the documentation for the build instructions. To continue using the
autotools build system, pass the –enable-deprecated-build-system flag to
- The rpcallowip option can no longer be used to automatically listen
on all network interfaces. Instead, the rpcbind parameter must also
be used to specify the IP addresses to listen on. Listening for RPC
commands over a public network connection is insecure and should be
disabled, so a warning is now printed if a user selects such a
configuration. If you need to expose RPC in order to use a tool
like Docker, ensure you only bind RPC to your localhost, e.g. docker run […] -p 127.0.0.1:8332:8332 (this is an extra :8332 over the
normal Docker port specification).
getmininginfo RPC now omits
when a block was never assembled via RPC on this node.
- Manpages added for the bitcoin-wallet tool.
- Fixed a bug where an already-banned peer later whitelisted with
noban would still be treated as banned.
- Improved performance of JSON RPC calls by ~4%.